According to WordPress 4.9.5 release post: This maintenance release fixes 28 bugs in 4.9, including fixes for Customizer, media library, error notices, and some security fixes. Twenty Seventeen bundled theme and Hello Dolly bundled plugin have also been updated.
How to update old WordPress version to WordPress 4.9.5?
To download WordPress 4.9.5, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site’s admin area (I highly recommend this method) or visit https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress follow Updating WordPress
From the WordPress 4.9.5 release post: This maintenance release fixes 28 bugs in 4.9, including fixes for Customizer, media library, error notices, and some security fixes. Twenty Seventeen bundled theme and Hello Dolly bundled plugin have also been updated.
WordPress 4.9.5 contains 28 bug fixes. See the full list of closed tickets in Trac.
- #43190 – Update prefixed CSS properties in `about.css`
- #43317 – Twenty Seventeen: underline links in comments
- #43572 – Bundled Themes: Bump version number and update changelog in Twenty Seventeen for 4.9.5 release
- #39045 – Remove unnecessary aria-required attribute for elements that have required attribute.
- #36884 – In menus: correct oversized viewport after dragging menu items
- #43307 – Correct closing tags in `customize_themes_print_templates()`
- #43333 – In menus: reset results when closing the ‘add items’ panel.
- #43417 – Avoid an infinite loop in `wp_mkdir_p()` when trying to determine the parent folder with `open_basedir` restriction in effect.
- #43312 – Avoid a PHP 7.2 warning in `wp_kses_attr()` when one of `$allowedtags` elements is an uncountable value.
- #38332 – Replace Cheatin’ uh? with friendlier error messages
- #42789 – Readme: Update recommended PHP version to 7.2
- #41242 – Fix image cropping on touch screen devices
- #42724 – On Media Settings screen, make the pairs of labels and inputs always stacked vertically, on both mobile and desktop screens
- #42968 – Grid view – correct placeholder positioning during uploads
- #43123 – Revert max-width styles on caption shortcodes
- #43201 – Avoid a PHP warning in `wp_calculate_image_srcset()` if a plugin returns a non-array value via `wp_calculate_image_srcset()` filter
- #43226 – Correctly allow changing PDF thumbnail crop value
- #43555 – Update Hello Dolly lyrics
Networks and Sites
- #43568 – Use a numbered placeholder in `sprintf()` for the site URL
- #42948 – Backbone client sending empty string in X-WP-Nonce header by default in some cases
- #43266 – Extend custom nonce functionality to collections
- #43285 – Loosen the admin referrer policy header value to allow the referring host to be sent from the admin area in all cases
- #42713 – Display partial names in the user listing tables
- #43216 – Add default values to IXR_Message for PHP 7.2 compatibility to avoid PHP Warnings
View this post in Vietnamese.